BBVA 59+ Account
Get more out of your pension/retirement.
BBVA 59+ Account.
Personalized support from your account manager.
Free online SEPA + credit transfers.
Authorized overdraft limit (APR 15.3%).
Tailored advantages for your pension.
For a monthly fixed account maintenance fee you have access to:
- Unlimited and free Sepa+ credit transfers, made through the BBVA Mobile app or BBVA.pt home banking.
- Request and delivery of crossed and customized checks (books of up to 10 checks), free when ordered online through BBVA.pt home banking.
- Free direct debiting of your payments, expenses and bills.
- Access to the BBVA Consigo service, through which you can enjoy personalized support from your account manager during extended hours from 9 am to 6 pm, through different channels, including video call, email, phone, or chat.
- Available for direct deposit of pensions above €1,500.
- When you open a BBVA 59+ Account you can enjoy advance payment of your pension through an authorized overdraft of up to 100% of the net value (APR of 15.3%).
Access to free payment methods:
Get your pension at BBVA
BBVA 59+ Account
- Individuals who are retired or receiving a pension and have their pension with a net value of €1,500 or more deposited directly into their account.
- All monthly account deposits made by electronic bank transfer from the National Pension Center, Civil Servants Pension Fund, or other similar entity, with a value equal to or greater than €1,500 (one thousand five hundred euros) will be considered valid for the direct deposit of a pension.
- Sole Proprietorships and Liberal Professionals are expressly excluded from opening this account for the purpose of supporting the exercise of their professional activity.
Costs and fees
In your BBVA 59+ Account
On your cards
- €4.50/month account maintenance fee when you have direct deposit of your pension greater than €1,500 (plus stamp duty).
- €0 fee for SEPA+ credit transfers, provided they are made through our digital channels.
- Request and delivery of crossed and customized checks (books of up to 10 checks), free when ordered online through BBVA.pt home banking. Delivery by "mail" has a cost of €2.25 for postage
- Issuance of a BBVA Agora Debit Card, with no Debit Card activation fee for the first year;
- Issuance of a BBVA Antes Pre-paid Debit Card, with no Debit Card activation fee;
- When you use your debit card with MB Way to send money or make payment you'll pay no fees;
- Issuance of one of our Credit Cards, BBVA Depois Classic (APR of 15.3%) or BBVA Depois Gold (APR of 15.3%), with no credit Card activation fee for the first year.
List of documents concerning the BBVA 59+ Account
The account is available for all Natural Persons who are retired or receiving a pension and have their monthly income deposited directly into their account by electronic bank transfer from the National Pension Center, Civil Servants' Pension Fund, or another similar entity, with a value equal to or greater than €1,500.00.
Nominal APR of 11.300%, corresponding to an APR of 15.3%, for an authorized overdraft limit up to €15,000, with monthly interest payments on the first business day of the following month. Example: for an overdraft of €1,500 for 90 days, corresponding to an interest of €42.39, plus €1.71 stamp duty and €9.54 credit use tax, and no interest charged for amounts lower than €0.50.
The amounts shown include taxes to applicable legal fees.