BBVA has a Corporate Social Responsibility policy aimed at generating a positive impact on society, seeking to ensure that no one is left behind as we work to make the opportunities of this new era available to all.
The accessibility and universal design of our Digital Channels are fundamental to achieving this goal and promoting financial inclusion. To this end, at BBVA, we work hard to achieve an optimum level of accessibility in accordance with the WCAG 2.1 (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines), level AA, defined by the WAI (Web Accessibility Initiative) working group of the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium).
We want to eliminate any accessibility barriers that users may encounter, both on our website and our app. That is why we have incorporated the necessary approach into our work processes, applying it in areas such as the following:
- Color contrasts, according to the ratios defined in the standard;
- Use and consistency of headings, buttons and hyperlinks;
- Semantics and application of the WAI-ARIA standard in complex interaction elements;
- Keyboard navigation or using technical aids such as screen readers;
- Clear and understandable language guidelines.
Given the sheer volume of our pages and functionalities, we continue to work to achieve and maintain accessibility levels across most of our operations.
At BBVA, we create opportunities, and we want to make them accessible to everyone.